Too many interests?
Sometimes one Journal just isn’t enough, some of us have too many interests. We may have one for daily use or to just write important evens and what happened, others travel and that’s when they like to write (alot cheaper to do than buying keepsakes) Some art now good writers but great at drawing and other artistic endeavors so this lens are for theme journaling.
How many themes is there?
as I already mentioned, Travel Art there’s also Baby, Pet, Fitness/diet to name a few, Books (what read, want to etc) Same for movies. Even a journal on writing a story (keeping names, places and ideas together, and from experience.. it sucks when you cannot draw up a sketch as to what your character looks like.)
right now I’ve got only a few templates noted I will include more types as I think of and find them
Types of Journals to keep
Supplies (depending on theme)
This is for the Travel & Art
* = optional basically in addition to the basic items
- glue (stick is faster espcially if you are traveling just pack 1 for each week) orpick up one of those SMASH book brand pens w/ the glue stick included on back
- Pens Blue or Black & *some colorsThe pen with the 10 different colored inks in it, or a pack of at least 5 colored in the small pocket size are greatthe R.S.V.P. Brand I think has it so their can be kept (maybe even comes with) a D-clip to hold them on your bag or belt loop)
- Art* supplies Oil pastels Crayons, Markers, colored pencils, paints Bring one or 2 if traveling.I suggest Pencils and or Oil pastels (just as long as its not hot where you go, otherwise just use the colored pencils)
- Traveling? bring some Travel scrapbooking themed paper & embelishments* along.I’ve found a few passports to do some mini, also I’ve found a boarding pass, as well as baggage tag. Also be sure to find stickers etc of where you are going like Eiffel towers for Paris, Big Ben Parliment building etc for England etc.)
- Small ruler
From What I see in here, there’s a camera
Pen, Marker, Decorative tape, a Travel guide (of city) an ‘adventure book’
I think there’s a couple of snacks in the pocket on the back. Correction tape “meter money’ Post-it pad & 2 products I can’t make out
a good idea of what to include might be some first aid ointment & a few band aids for emergency
mechanical pencil & lead
Tissues would be a good idea as well as moist wipes (esp. if you will use paints or charcoal)
here’s the The MOST BASIC travel writing kit
Wide Open – Art Journaling
This is a cool set to get you started with art journaling. It comes with a journal some of the pages already look painted (& that’s before I used it, I guess that’s just in case you don’t paint it etc.
The set also comes with creativity & technique (prompt) cards. I’ve drawn 2 cards out of the deck 1 says Crayon in your pocket This is to do ‘Rubbings’ man hole covers, sides of buildings, wood grain tombstones . The back of the card also more or less shows what the technique looks like. My other card says TAPE, tape black electrical tape across a page and write with a white paint pen, Masking tape is good with sharpies or even better paints Duct tape and all these come in a variety of colors. use the decorative tape that has flowers or whatever on it as well. This would make a great cabin fever reliever buster I think.
See the section ‘What[‘s in your travel kit’, for a travel art (paint) kit
I ALWAYS carry a note book or pad and pen everywhere I go. Even if its just a sheet of paper, to write a number or something down.
I always have a small pocket journal on me as I note what I eat in it, as well as things I’ve done in the day the weather and so on. i do carry a seperate journal with me for travel to write down everything I saw, and did maybe even include a pic or postcard in it. As well as business cards from resturants and shops I went to incase I visit again and want to go.
Write what you liked about the restaurant and food was the staff friendly, a certain theme to it and so on.
interesting cover for the theme. if you don’t like it you can jsut decorate it with what you want. Put stickers from the city or country you are going to.
I think I like this cover better for a travel journal but then again I do write letters over seas
Check out & browse the book to see if it’s of insterest to you. THere’s plenty of prompts to help you
What better cover than if you are vacationing even if you are just going to school or working in a major city for a time
a how to book, on writing travel journals
and for a short time check out the other videos on http://zodiacimmortal.hubpages.com/hub/howtouseajournal3
What’s in your Travel Kit?
Odd box.. LOVE the book ‘safes’ I thought might be a cool idea for carrying your travel kit. (get one big or deep enough it will hold your pocket journal (or whatever size you use for travel) and all the supplies (maybe even a few extra)
Here are a few Ideas for you
Journaling Bible on ‘The Thinking Closet’ or you can skip to the video
To Journal or ‘lazy’ journal
I call the questionaire journals ‘lazy’ journals or writers block proof journals as with these, are a great way to get your ‘story’ on paper without all the heavy work of keeping a blog, a kit with a notebook (or whatever you’d use as a journal) and supplies. These types of books are great for killing time on vacation waiting to pick someone up and so on. All you need to do is have a pen with you.
It is a better idea to finish writing in it the same year you started this way your interests likely will not have changed.
Anything more then you might be crossing out. It’s great once you finish answering all the questions to put it away maybe make a time capsule of sorts and include that. a photo or shoebox that it will fit in, Include some hotos of friends & family from the same year things you’ve written, drawn & so on.
I have at least one of the journals on here, I just forget where it is and not even sure if I filled any of it out yet. (It’s currently in storage and thought i’d find it last time I went but to no avail wasn’t in the bin I thought it would be in.)
Honestly I love these they are great for killing time or just when you are away on vacation.
Baby, Teen & mom Journaling – & Autobiography
THis are all pre-made journals all you have to do is write any time you’d like about whatever is on the page. Tehre’s a journal for moms for things their kid says (like that AWkward Curse bomb eery child seems to eventually come out with) You can note that for a laugh later as well as where reactions etc.
The Dr. Seuss one well will have to at least be started for them.
There’s another below as well. Frankly I can not decide which I like best as they are set up in 2 different ways. Chekc out the one below as well. (you are able to look inside both)
Don’t worry dog lovers there’s one for your dog as well!
Questionaire Journal sample pages – & one cute idea
Click thumbnail to view full-size
I started to write a couple of stories in october (2011) I prefer to write in a composition book, or a binder with loose leaf paper
Then after I finish a page or 2 front & back, and after a day or 2 I type it while I do the edits & revisals.
If you really don’t have an actual idea for writing even a short story, then use one of these books.
I’ve listed a variety of journals and other items to try to help you at least find an idea or start your own.
Some of the books that aren’t actual reading, maybe you can write a book about doing whatever it is in the book each day, or take an idea from one of the pages & start that way. Inspiration comes when you least espect it (I really hate that, as I do not always have a pen & paper around to jot down the ideas for poems or my stories. One in which I got the idea from something someone said in a book or tv show.
Check out my Epic ballad of Poetry lens for more possible ideas!
I have the ALL About me book, but Its soewhere in storage as well as another like it (can’t remember title)
10 Ideas for a Questionaire journal – or just a page in your regular journal
- What Do (or did) you want to be whe you grow up
- What year do you think we will have cars like the Jetsons?
- How about ‘computers’ without the computer? (out of thin air you just flick your fingers to do whatever it is)
- What are your flaws? (How can you change them to hel yourself?)
- What are your strengths or talents
- List 5 things in your purse (if you are a guy then in your wallet)
- Top 10 all time favorite Movies & one for tv shows
- What Tv series that you’ve watched (no longer on air but yes can be in syndicate) do you miss most?
- If there was a chance that students could ‘make’ their own subject to take in school what would yours be?(examples.. Potions, Egyptology, Lenscrafting, etc)
- What would you do if……. (write what that if is & what yu would do in that situation)